Distinguished Alumnus/a – a person who exemplifies many of the traits described in our Cowboy Code and has graduated more than 15 years ago.
The Cowboy Code
- Saddle your own horse – a person who has taken full advantage of what was offered to them by Highlands and determined their own path.
- Ride a ways with others – a person who has helped others follow in their path.
- Do what’s right, even if no one is looking – a person who has shown integrity and done what was right, even if it wasn’t popular or profitable.
- Ride for the brand – a person who has demonstrated loyalty to Highlands.
- Lie, but only to your own mind – a person who has believed in themselves even when faced with adversity.
- Learn from your elders – a person who has honored their mentors.
- Lend a hand where it’s needed – a person who has a spirit of volunteerism, who has given back to their community.
- To think right, straighten your boots – a person who has shown responsibility; someone that others can count on.
- Be polite – a person who thanks and recognizes those who have helped them.
- Choose your pards carefully – a person who surrounds themselves with other like-minded individuals who share the same high standards.
- Find a passion – a person who strives continually for improvement.